Week Links | 8.18.17
It’s Friday and I’m ready to play. Happy beginning of the weekend guys. I’m starting a new segment on the blog on a week-to-week basis that will feature links to favorite blogs and reads that I come across throughout the week that I feel you could benefit from in one way or another. Check out this week’s links below.
- Mattie James gave some much-needed insight in a blog post highlighting seven terms that every blogger needs to know when reaching out to brands to pitch.
- These are some great date night in recipes for two, but they can also double as a meal for one plus leftovers the next day or two for all you solo dolo cooks out there. (That’s what I’m doing anyway.)
- I normally don’t care for extensive write-ups on beauty routines, but I really loved this beauty profile. Particularly, the part where she talks of landing her big break as a writer on Donald Glover’s Atlanta.
- One of my best friends in my head, blogger LaTonya Yvette, recently took a week away to do some solo travel in Paris and gave us some glimpses of the City of Light.
- This article on the importance of saying "no" was the reminder a recovering people-pleaser like myself needs.
- This moment-of-truth moment by Amber Janae serves as a testimony to the advantages of treating self-care like the investment that it truly is.
What have been some of your favorite reads around the web this week?